Sat, Feb 26|
Ozark Shooters Sports Complex
Missouri Concealed Carry Feb 26 & 27, 2022
9-330 pm Saturday 2-430 pm Sunday
Time & Location
Feb 26, 2022, 9:00 AM – Feb 27, 2022, 4:30 PM
Ozark Shooters Sports Complex, 759 US-65, Walnut Shade, MO 65771, USA
About the Event
In this private Missouri Compliant CCW we cover:
- Understanding conflict avoidance and situational awareness
- Missouri laws
- Lawful defense protection
- Home security and home defense
- Handgun and shotgun basics
- Shooting fundamentals
- The physiology of violent encounters
- The legal aspects of using deadly force (including knowing what to do in the aftermath)
- Plus, a complete guide on gear, gadgets, and ongoing training
Concealed Carry Classes are an excellent way to begin your training and will help you to understand the gravity and responsibility of carrying a firearm.
This course uses proprietary content from OXYS, US Lawshield and the NRA. A NRA class book is available for $15 and well worth the cost. Two written tests are administered at the end of class.
Ammunition cost not included - you will need to bring a revolver or semi-auto pistol and at least 50 rounds of ammunition, eye protection and ear protection. If you need to borrow a firearm there is an additional charge - please contact us for details.
After the course, you will take the training affidavit to your local Missouri Sheriff's Office and APPLY for your CCW. The cost varies per county, and is normally $100. Completion of the course does not guarantee that you will obtain a permit.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Missouri Permit Requirements:
571.101. Concealed carry permits, application requirements — approval procedures — issuance, when — information on permit — fees.
2. A concealed carry permit issued pursuant to subsection 7 of this section shall be issued by the sheriff or his or her designee of the county or city in which the applicant resides, if the applicant:
(1) Is at least nineteen years of age, is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States and either:
(a) Has assumed residency in this state; or
(b) Is a member of the Armed Forces stationed in Missouri, or the spouse of such member of the military;
(2) Is at least nineteen years of age, or is at least eighteen years of age and a member of the United States Armed Forces or honorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces, and is a citizen of the United States and either:
(a) Has assumed residency in this state;
(b) Is a member of the Armed Forces stationed in Missouri; or
(c) The spouse of such member of the military stationed in Missouri and nineteen years of age;
(3) Has not pled guilty to or entered a plea of nolo contendere or been convicted of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year under the laws of any state or of the United States other than a crime classified as a misdemeanor under the laws of any state and punishable by a term of imprisonment of two years or less that does not involve an explosive weapon, firearm, firearm silencer or gas gun;
(4) Has not been convicted of, pled guilty to or entered a plea of nolo contendere to one or more misdemeanor offenses involving crimes of violence within a five-year period immediately preceding application for a concealed carry permit or if the applicant has not been convicted of two or more misdemeanor offenses involving driving while under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs or the possession or abuse of a controlled substance within a five-year period immediately preceding application for a concealed carry permit;
(5) Is not a fugitive from justice or currently charged in an information or indictment with the commission of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year under the laws of any state of the United States other than a crime classified as a misdemeanor under the laws of any state and punishable by a term of imprisonment of two years or less that does not involve an explosive weapon, firearm, firearm silencer, or gas gun;
(6) Has not been discharged under dishonorable conditions from the United States Armed Forces;
(7) Has not engaged in a pattern of behavior, documented in public or closed records, that causes the sheriff to have a reasonable belief that the applicant presents a danger to himself or others;
(8) Is not adjudged mentally incompetent at the time of application or for five years prior to application, or has not been committed to a mental health facility, as defined in section 632.005, or a similar institution located in another state following a hearing at which the defendant was represented by counsel or a representative;
(9) Submits a completed application for a permit as described in subsection 3 of this section;
(10) Submits an affidavit attesting that the applicant complies with the concealed carry safety training requirement pursuant to subsections 1 and 2 of section 571.111;
(11) Is not the respondent of a valid full order of protection which is still in effect;
(12) Is not otherwise prohibited from possessing a firearm under section 571.070 or 18 U.S.C. Section 922(g).
This ticket allows 1 person to join the class. Additional tickets must be purchased for additional attendees.